Very quick tutorial from me to explain how to add somebody's Blog Candy pic as a button on your side bar. I don't know about you but when I started I had no idea how to do this and googling can bring up some very confusing answers! Anyway......
1. Copy the link to the blog
Copy the pic and url in question by just right clicking and choosing 'copy image URL'
2. Go to 'Layout' on your blog
3. Click the 'Add a Gadget' option on your sidebar where you want the pic.
4. Scroll down the list to this :
Add an image from your computer, or from somewhere else on the web.
and click the blue + button
5. Add a title if you want, you don't need a caption.
6. Paste the link to the blog that has the candy (don't forget to get rid of the extra http:// if you end up with one), in the link box.
7. Click the small 'Shrink to fit box'. This ensures that whatever the size of the pic it won't end up covering your bar.
8. Click save...and you're all done!
You can use this same method for adding badges etc.
Hope that helps and that I haven't confused anyone! :) xx